1. Funny Girl is flying in tonight from North Carolina. She is returning from working there training new people. I haven't seen her for a month and miss her terribly. I will be picking her up at the airport around 10:00 pm with a hug, smile and a huge pile of mail.
2. I am taking Devon and two of his friends to see Spider-Man 3 tonight. I have 6 free movie tickets so I am taking care of the tickets but the kids have to bring money for their snacks. You should have seen how quickly they ran to ask permission when I invited them. It was hilarious.
3. I am getting together tomorrow with two of my best friends, Anne & Funny Girl. This is the first time in months that we have gotten together just the three of us. Well, the kids will be there, but you know what I mean. Life has just gotten crazy, especially for Anne, and it is hard to get together.
I will be making pulled pork sandwiches which means that I have to defrost one of my Boston butt pork roasts today and toss it in the crock pot at ButtCrack AM tomorrow morning.
4. Mother's Day is on Sunday. I got my mom a $20 gift certificate to Amazon.com and am pretty sure that she will buy a book with it. We are both voracious readers. I asked her if she would rather have flowers or a gift certificate and she chose the latter. I might still send her flowers too.
5. I was invited over to a friends house to celebrate Mother's Day with them. Rico & Donnie are having their families over and wanted me to be there to celebrate too. I am so blessed to have friends that always include me on the holidays. It sucks being alone or not having lots of people around to celebrate stuff.