8 Random things about me.
1. I was adopted by my father when he married my mother. He is the only dad I have ever known. I did call my biological dad when I was 14 and had a conversation with him. He acted like he had always acknowledged me and it really upset me because I knew he was lying and never talked to him again. I have two half-sisters and I met one when I was pregnant with Devon.
2. My mother was going to name me Heather Dawn until the night before I was born. She said she was in the hospital and I just didn't feel like a Heather Dawn, so she named me Rachel Heather instead.
3. When I was 4 years old I was at my grandparents cabin and they were making home made ice cream with an old fashioned churn style freezer outside. I leaned over to watch and slipped on the wet wood and hit my face against it right below my left eye. I still have a small scar. Devon has a scar in the exact same place from running into the keyboard storage area of a desk when it was open.
4. I had a mole on the back of my scalp that bothered me so I went into the bathroom at work and cut it off with a box cutter. It didn't even hurt.
5. I tend to get tired of cars really quickly and average a new (to me) car about every two years.
6. My first kiss was under a bridge on Gasoline Alley (a kids attraction where you ride in small 4 person cars on a metal track and can stop and start at will) at Knott's Berry Farm. I was 12 and on vacation with my dad visiting his friend Bill and his family. It was Bill's 16 year old son Jimmy that I kissed.
7. I HATE cooked vegetables. I love salad and can eat fresh veggies from the garden but if you cook them, I won't eat them. I do eat potatos but they are a starch, not a vegetable. I eat maybe one ear of corn a year doused with butter and salt.
8. I have really short, stubby toes. Funny Girl has really long toes to match her long feet and my 2nd toe only makes it to the knuckle on her toe. I grow my toenails out to the edge of my toes to make them look longer.