Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Let's Get Physical

I have been working out now every work day for 9 days straight. I haven't missed a day yet even after last Wednesday when I didn't get to bed until 2 a.m. I was up at 6:30 and out the door at 7:30 on my way to work out.

Usually when I arrive, I am the only one there. My work provides an exercise facility. It isn't huge or fancy, but it has 3 treadmills, 1 stair step, 1 elliptical, 1 stationary bike, free weights, a weight bench and some fancy machine that I have only seen 1 person use, but it looked cool.

There is no stereo in there right now because unfortunately, we have some sticky fingered employees that don't know how to leave things that don't belong to them alone. Hell, we have lunches missing out of the fridges and last week some bastard took the smart card out of the sattelite box in the workout room so we had no music and no television.

So, since I am dedicated to this new lifestyle I decided to get an MP3 player. That way, when some stupid bastard steals the smart card or if I don't feel like watching Good Morning America, I can put on my headphones and rock out to the workout music that I will be downloading.

I didn't get all fancy and order an iPod, but I did some research and discovered that the Sandisk Sansa models get really high ratings and are very reasonably priced. I didn't need something with a crapload of storage because this will be for workouts and the one that I got can have over 8 hours of music and it only has 512 megs of ram. That means that I can go 16 workouts and not have a repeat song. I think that is plenty. Eight hours for $23.99 including shipping, armband and case? Ya can't beat that. The only thing that I have to get will be new headphones because my ear canals are too small for normal ear buds. I am not sure if I will get over the head standard headphones or something different. We shall see. I don't mind trying a few different ones to find the perfect ones for me.

I have already compiled a list of songs that I will be downloading while I have my 7 day free trial from Napster. I will include it at the end of this email but I want to ask you all something.

What workout songs get your pumped up and get you in the zone? I want to make sure that I have all kinds of genre's of songs but they must have that beat to keep me moving.

Here is my song list so far:

I'm Every Woman - Chaka Kahn
Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor
hey mama - Black Eyed Peas
My Humps - Fergie
Beat it - MJ
Physical - Olivia Newton John
This Love - Maroon 5
Holding Out For A Hero - Bonnie Tyler
We Belong - Pat Benetar
Hit Me With your Best Shot - Pat Benetar
Celebration - Kool & The Gang
Dirrty - Christian Aguilera
Fighter - Christina Aguilera
Here I go again on my own - Whitesnake
Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye
Blinded By The Light - Manfred Mann
Crazy On You - Heart
Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen
Bootylicious - Destiny's Child
Let's Go Crazy - Prince
I hate everything about you - 3 days grace
Pretty Fly (for a white guy) - Offspring
Zoot Suit Riot - Cherry Poppin' Daddys
I'll Be There for you - Rembrandts
Black Horse & A Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
Hemmorage - Fuel
My Band - D12
Miss Independent - Kelly Clarkson
Bad - MJ
Life is a highway - Rascal Flatt's
Don't speak - No Doubt
Sweet Escape - Gwen Stefani
Shake your Bon Bon - Ricky Martin
Hey Ya - Outkast
Harder To Breathe -Maroon 5
Little Less Conversation - Elvis vs. JXL
Turn The Beat Around - Gloria Estefan
Gloria - Laura Brannigan
Play - J-lo
Ray of light - Madonna
Brick House - Commodores
Save A Horse - Big n Rich
It's My Life - Bon Jovi
Devil Went Down To Georgia - Charlie Daniels
Talk Dirty To me -Poison
Girls girls girls- motley crue
1999 - prince
The Anthem - Good Charlotte
She F-in hates me
Walk This Way - Aerosmith
How Do you Want it - 2pac
Dancing Queen - Abba
Take a chance - abba
Stupid Girl - Garbage
Signed Sealed Delivered - Stevie Wonder
Virtual Insanity - Jamiroqui
Love in an elevator - Aerosmith
You Make Me Sick - Pink
Can't get you out of my head - kylie minogue
Playin' With the boys - Top Gun Soundtrack
Final Countdown- Europe
December 63 - Four Seasons
The Distance - Cake
Stronger - Britney
Like I Love You - Justin Timberlake
Song #2 - Blur
Just Like A Pill - Pink
La La - Ashlee Simpson
Shake Your Lovemaker - Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen
Walkin on Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves
Girls Just Wanna have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
I'm Just a Girl - No Doubt
Car Wash - Christina Aguilera
Get The Party Started - Pink
I'm Still Standing - Elton John
Ready Or Not - Fugee's
Beautiful Day - U2
Crazy In Love - Beyonce
P.I.M.P. - 50 cent
Hot in Herre - Nelly
Who are you - The who
R.E.S.P.E.C.T. - Aretha Franklin
Call Me - Blondie
Who Knew -Pink
Add your own songs in the comments and I will add them to my list!

8 comments:

Churlita said...

Wow. How much time do you have? I run six miles a day, so I have tons of music.

Offspring - Come Out and Play

Elvis Costello - Pump It Up

The Who - Love Reign O'er Me or 5:15

Edwyn Collins - Girl Like You

Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

The Emotions - Best of My Love

Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart

I wish I had my iPod at work. This is just off the top of my head.

Jaybird said...

Working out? What's that? I've heard the term before but I'm not quite familiar with the concept...

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Wow - that's a huge list already, but here are my offerings:

Milkshake by Kelis

Do Your Thing - Basement Jaxx

Sexy Body Girl - Shaggy

Step It Up - Stereo MC's

I also have lots of B52's and Pizzicato Five

Tara said...

You've got some great songs on there! Perfect for working out to, especially "Eye of the Tiger". When I was a member of the local gym, the TVs were all set to the Food Network.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I got to get meself one of those for when I'm out walking with Mr.Giggles.. Christmas is coming so I will have to be a really good girl and hope Santa brings one... Love that list... All stuff I grew up listening to..

Freckle Face Girl said...

That is great list!

Skyzi said...

This is what fills my ScanDisk even though I may never listen to these songs in another situation they give me the pep to stay on that damn eliptical:

Missy Elliot
Nickleback
Pussycat Dolls (only the peppy fast songs)
Pitbull

minijonb said...

WOO-HOO!!! you're downloading Song #2 by Blur. nice choice.