Thursday, October 04, 2007

Onward To The Next Goal

Two weeks ago I posted about how excited I was that I had hit my first milestone weight loss goal of 25 pounds. Weight Watchers sets a slightly different goal to start off with. Your first major milestone goal is to lose 10% of your initial weight when starting the program.

I remember that I disclosed that weight back in June and I don't mind sharing it with you again. When I started WW I weighed in at a whopping 287.5 pounds and according to WW my first major milestone was to lose 28 pounds.

Since starting to work out 2 weeks ago, I dropped 2.4 pounds the first week and dropped 3 pounds this week. That means that my total weight loss is 30.8 pounds. I reached my first 10% goal and received a nice key chain. They made a bit of a brouhaha about it which was kinda nice, but honestly it didn't matter. I am already focusing on my next goal.

I have 19.2 pounds to lose and I will hit 50 pounds gone. That seems enormous to me. Much bigger that 10%.

I can't wait to hit 50 gone and post some full length photos for you all.

I also want to say thank you to everyone who encourages me every day. My friends think that I am on a mission, which I am, but every time someone comments about how good I am doing or how great I look, it makes that mission that much easier to stick to.

You all rock!!!

13 comments:

ANON1 said...

That is solid work and congrats on the HUGE win!!!

Now, work a little harder and really watch that diet and the lbs will continue to drop.

Are you feeling better as well?

minijonb said...

Congrats! You are such an inspiration on this.

dmarks said...

Congratulations! Sounds like everything is going great!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! You are doing so great! Know I'm here cheering you on! HUGS

Sizzle said...

the best thing about this (for me) is watching you gain more confidence in yourself. you were pretty with the weight and you will be pretty without it. but when you see the you you want to be reflected back in that mirror? that's an awesome feeling. :)

Anonymous said...

No, YOU rock! That is so great.....you are absolutely beautiful no matter what you weigh, but isn't it nice to know you're doing such a great thing for yourself? You are so worth it!

Indiana said...

Congratulations...its awesome that you are able to set the goals and then reach them.

All the best for continued success.

laughing said...

I'm glad this is working out for you and that you're seeing progress.

I'm sure when you first get started, a fifty pound weight loss just seems to hard. But at this rate you'll be there in about two months.

You can start thinking of what you'd like to wear to the Christmas parties.

Churlita said...

You are amazing. Look what all you've done and been through since you started, and you still haven't wavered. You're a rocker.

Jaybird said...

Congrats!
It's been a while since I have seen you in person but when I talked to you the other day I couldn't help noticing quite a difference!
I think you should make yourself the Hump Day Hottie next week ;)

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Superstar!!!

Freckle Face Girl said...

You are doing so well! I hope I can follow in your foot steps in January. :)

Erica said...

HIYA! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! You always looked gorgeous but it must feel great to do this for yourself and you should feel so proud!