Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Alright, Mr De Mille, I'm Ready For My Close-up

Since I have taken a billion photos (actually about 120) since I bought my digital camera I have decided that it is time for me to "expose" myself to the world.
Part of the reason that I have been hesitant is because it seems that 90% of the women in the blogosphere are more beautiful, skinnier and have better personalities than I do so there is a bit of an inferiority complex going on.
I am just gonna break it down to you. I am what would be termed a BBW or plus sized. I have always been a larger size woman even before I had my son so I can't blame it on having a child. Thanks to my paternal grandmother I was "blessed" with a pear shape which means that I have a big ass and legs. Thanks to my mom I have big breasts so I look like one of those renaissance paintings where women have curves and you can't see bones right below the surface like the painting to the right.
I love myself even with my extra hills and valleys (my son says that I am fluffy) but as a good half of the population is visually based there are times when I feel that I don't measure up. I do have to say that a guy at the club on Saturday told me that I was a "10". I asked him how many hours he had been drinking. LOL
D and I love to take silly photos and make funny faces so I hope that you don't wet youself with laughter.

A closeup of me taken by D.



Me, Rebecca & Dolly a.k.a. Kay




Dolly, Me, Erica, Jen & Rebecca + random guy in the background.





Me & Rebecca



Me & D being silly on Christmas Eve.






D wanted me to make a funny face while eating ~ so I did.


So now you can put a face to the random ramblings and I can feel the freedom of really putting myself out there.


17 comments:

David in DC said...

Great post. Great pix. Great curves.

And D. is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Finally Rachel! Pictures!! Yeah! You ma'am are gorgeous - I'm Italian and was blessed with thighs, ass, hips, no boobs and micro thin lips - hating it! Arg! haha So of course I'm ultra jealous of your beautimous pout and boobs. I had the same fear of putting myself out there on my blog. All my insecurities and the fact that I swear every blog I read comes from beautiful women who stay at home in their gigantor houses and their husbands have wonderful money making jobs. But what can I say.... I bought my house when I was 21 being a single parent and I've done the best I can. I'm proud of what I have, but have this fear of showing too much of my much smaller scale lifestyle. And for the record - size doesn't matter - I'm better at preaching that than living by it, but I'm doing better. Hugs to you and I'm so glad you put yourself out here. D is adorable too!

Rachel said...

David In DC ~ Thanks.. He is a lot cuter when you can't see a mile up his nostrils. I will have to post a photo of him really smiling.

Reformat ~ Thanks!! My heritage is a mixed bag. I refer to myself as a Heinz 57. I know for sure about english, irish, dutch, german and african american but other than that I am at a loss. I am sure there are some doozies in there though. I come from the type of family that marries interacially all the time.
I hear ya about the SAHM's with McMansions and a closet full of Gucci bags. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever measure up, but then I realize that I am probably happier than they are. I have a fantastic son, incredible friends and an amazing relationship with my family, especially my mom.
So what that I live paycheck to paycheck and had to max out my credit cards to make ends meet a few times.

ANON1 said...

Nice pix. I plan on putting up pics in 2042 after my career is over.

Tere said...

You're so cute!!!

I too have a big ass and huge thighs. Fine, not "huge" by regular standards, but huge for my body. Totally disproportionate. Oh well. Life sucks and all that...

Anyway, loved the pics, glad you posted them!

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful....and your son is a lucky boy.

Rachel said...

Anon1 ~ I have to wait 36 years for you to unveil yourself? So not fair!!

Tere ~ Thanks. I have seen photos of you and I hate to tell you, you do not have a huge ass or thighs. You are curvy but not disproportionately so. You have a fantastic ass.

Gracie ~ Thank you! On both counts!

Sister Mary Lisa said...

You are brave to post your pics, but I must inform you that your fears were unfounded. You are beautiful. And your friends and D look great too.

If it makes you feel better, I am a tall and large woman, with a barrel shape, I think. I could relate to your fears 100%.

God, to be size 12 again! I blame my size on age 30 hitting me when I least expected it!

ANON1 said...

Yes, 36 years. My fame comes with a price so I need to be very careful about who and what I am.

Anonymous said...

Well, duh! Of COURSE you are beautiful! :) That guy at the club knew what he was talking about. I bet he was even a DD!

Lydia said...

I've been catching up with your blog for the first time in a while. Good to see that things have been going well with you, apart from the Thanksgiving travel saga. Yes, it has been that long! Lovely and fun photos.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and appropriately enough, you are this week's humpday hottie.

Rachel said...

SML ~ I used to me much more self-conscious than I am now. I find that I have become such a well rounded (pun intended) person that my size isn't really much of a factor. Some men LOVE it.

Anon1 ~ Why I am getting a politics vibe from you?

Playtah ~ Hate to break it to you, but he was visibly inebriated. He kept calling my honey bunch.
The best part? He was an IRS agent. LOL

Lydia ~ Glad to see you back! I missed your comments. Traveling is hell.

Playtah ~ I took a 2 week hiatus. HDH's will be back in full force next week.

Tara said...

Rachel in the flesh! You look absolutely fabulous! I love the first photo that D took of you!

Anonymous said...

uhhhm

laura b. said...

Had to comment even though I am late here...you're gorgeous Rachel! And so is your son :-)

Wanderlusting said...

Great to put a face to the name..and what a pretty face it is! Seriously, you remind me of Nigella Lawson (dark hair, sensuous smile and all). And your son is adorable. Yay for no anonimity!

PS I hear you with the big legs and ass thing. Thankfully as I get older, the more I come in peace with it. Well, actually I've just focused my efforts on my stomach and arms now. Oh well!