Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Letter I Wish I Could Have Written 10 Years Ago

Hi Self,

I have been here with you for the past 34 years. I know that you are tired and that you want to play with your son and that you just get way too tired.

People love you for who you are, but I know that you aren't happy with yourself. The way that clothing fits, how tight theater and airline seats are, feeling like people are watching you eat, the pain in your feet and back.

I know that you are scared to lose weight because of things that have happened in the past. You are incarcerated in the fat and flab that you think protects you. It isn't protecting you. It is imprisoning you.

Just start today. Just give it a shot. It works. Really! I know you can do it. I am here waiting for you. The freedom you will feel is exhilarating.

You will feel sexy and energetic. Your clothing will fit and look good on you. Men will notice your confidence and you will get the attention that you never thought you deserved.

You will still be loved. But now you will be inspiring and respected and admired.

P.S. It isn't as hard as you think it is.

Love,

Me

6 comments:

Rico said...

Chica, I don't care how much you weight I'm still gonna love you. You need to know that. I am SO proud of you, and everything that you've accomplished. You are beautifull and you will be victorious. I believe in you. Remember that. I know it's good to get those thoughts out on paper sometimes, but stay the course. YOU CAN DO IT! Love you chica!

Churlita said...

You are a rocker. I can't believe all that you have accomplished. it's great that you are getting healthier, bot physically and emotionally.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Its amazing to see that you accomplished so much and you are staying on track..Love the letter to yourself..

Not so little Woman said...

I love this post. It takes a lot of guts to put things like this out there. Congrats on all you've accomplished!

ANON1 said...

Keep up the great work. I won't mention who to vote for in 2008!!!

Tawcan said...

Weight loss isn't a 1 day or 1 week thing. Take one step at a time. Good luck.