Monday, September 17, 2007

Things Not To Say To Dirty Minded Gay Men

I have two new roommates and I wrote about that a few weeks ago. Rico and Don and absolute gems but they constantly have their minds in the gutter. Of course, since mine is usually firmly entrenched there as well, it is a great combo.

Anyhoo... On Saturday I played in an inter-department slow pitch softball game for work. The first time in the outfield I played 2nd base, after that they put me in as the catcher. BTW, we won 15-5. I didn't score but I hit the ball 3 out of 4 times I was at bat and made it to 3rd.

For those of you who don't know, a very popular gay term for who gives and who receives during sex is the "Pitcher" (giver) and "Catcher" (receiver).

So when I was asked how the softball game when and replied "It was a lot of fun, I was the catcher and my thighs are KILLING me", you can just see where this comment made a downward spiral into the gutter.

My thighs WERE killing me and I am still feeling it today. Yesterday was the worst. I was doing laundry and have a front loading washer and dryer. Every time I would squat painfully down to put clothes in the washer or dryer, Rico would look at me and start to laugh all over again.

I cooked dinner last night and Rico made the salad and then I tossed it. At least I was smart enough not to ask him if he wanted me to toss his salad.

5 comments:

Churlita said...

How awesome to have such fun roommates. I'm jealous.

Congratulations on your win, and your, ahem, catching abilities.

Rico said...

Oh hunny.....There are SO many things I could say about "tossing salad" ROFL; however, I won't go there.

Tara said...

Huh...I learn so much as a blogger. ;) Didn't know about the "catcher"/"pitcher" terminology or the "tossed salad" thing. Thank you, Rachel! :D

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Baby girl I love those boys so much!! You are one lucky landlady. I'm a hag from way back and could use a daily dose of dirty mind.

Freckle Face Girl said...

hahahaha!