Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Potpourri O' Goodness

As you all know, I have lost over a hundred pounds.

I just have this question: Why can I STILL not wear knee high boots?????? My calves are still too big. I even tried the "plus size" boots and couldn't zip them past my ankle.

If I still can't wear knee high boots when I get to my goal weight (about 40 more pounds to go) I will be livid!!!!



My hormones are all out of whack. I don't know what is going on, but my menstrual cycle has decided to eff up. Instead of every 4 weeks, I am now being blessed with a visit from Aunt Flow every 3 weeks.

Not only is it making my moods swing all over the place and costing me more money in feminine products, but I think that might be part of the reason that my weight loss has gone all over the place lately.

I have a Dr. Appointment for my annual physical (ie: open my vajayjay with a medieval torture device) so I will make sure to bring the subject up. I am not on any kind of birth control so I have a feeling that they might try that to regulate my cycle.



Devon is now in 5th grade and will be 11 in a couple of months. He is still in elementary school but in a new one because they transferred him due to class size. His new school is much stricter than his old one.

They don't want the kids dropped off any earlier than 8:15 for breakfast and 8:35 for everyone else for class that starts at 8:44. That is fine, but I have to drop him off around 8:10 to get to the workout place on time. He got talked to for being there 5 minutes early. I understand that it isn't their job to baby sit him but he is pretty self sufficient and there are teachers and employees all over the place.

This morning I dropped him off at the end of the driveway and made him walk. It will take him at least 3 minutes and there was a crossing guard right across from where I dropped him off so I know he will be safe. He wasn't very happy about the walk though. I wonder how happy he will be when he realizes that he is going to be hoofing it every day down that loooonnnggg driveway.

9 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I guess the teachers need that extra five minutes in the morning for their coffee.. Maybe he could offer his services and help out in the morning with setting up the breakfast program.. That way he won't get talked to about being early..I hope you feel better soon with the boots issue.. that really sucks after all the hard work you put into losing the weight and still can't wear the boots..

Churlita said...

I have huge calves because I'm a runner. Even when I was way underweight, it was still tricky zipping up my knee high boots. I think they're made for people with stick legs.

dmarks said...

There are operations (ablation) that keep Aunt Flow on the street at the end of the sidewalk, instead of taking up full residence in your house. Costs about $800 though.

Unknown said...

I can't wear them either. :-(

Ginny said...

I can't wear a lot of boots and I'm a small girl. I just have large calves which I think look great. My suggestion is to keep trying boots until you find a pair that fit. That's what I have to do.

Anonymous said...

I have enormous calves. I have never been able to wear knee-high boots, or even galoshes. It is ridiculous.

Sister Mary Lisa said...

I've always had bigger calves and can't wear boots no matter how thin I am. Sigh. It's so fun to dream of it, though.

Anonymous said...

Medival torture device.

[IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/eric_himsel/speculum.jpg[/IMG]

Tara said...

Maybe your thyroid is out of whack? You should get that tested just in case, because that was one of the symptoms I had (messed up cycles and hormones). I'm on a synthetic thyroid medication..been on it since high school.

Hope all goes well!